Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Our Supply Chain team ensures inventory is consistently available to meet customer demand. We coordinate all aspects of supply through supply planning, sourcing, making, inventory management, packaging, and delivery. We partner across the Marketing, Finance, and Manufacturing organizations to build a robust demand and supply plan and ensure we get products to the right customer, at the place, at the right time.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement, and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs, and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
The Supplier Development and Performance Management function at our company is responsible for managing the performance of hundreds of component and material suppliers. These suppliers are key to our company’s ability to manufacture critical medicines used by millions of patients around the world.
An internship in Supplier Development & Performance Management will allow you to:
- Work hands-on improving supplier manufacturing processes
- Gain exposure to continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean) such as Statistical Process Control, Visual Management, Capability Assessments, 5-Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, Corrective Action / Preventative Action
- Perform risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans
- Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities
- Foster collaboration and innovation
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
Specific duties may include:
Supplier Performance Management Activities:
- Assists the SD&PM Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), using problem-solving skills, to conduct root cause investigations and implement CAPAs for supplier issues.
- Travels to supplier sites and our company sites within the region to resolve and prevent Manufacturing, Quality, Technical, and supply issues.
- Participates in weekly Tier meetings to inform leadership of escalated supplier issues.
Supplier Development Activities:
- Assist in the execution of Technical Capability Assessments for new and existing Suppliers. Assess suppliers across multiple categories such as Statistical Process Control, Visual Management, Asset Management, Change Control, etc. Provide supplier up-skilling as required.
- Perform HyperCare Activities (e.g. walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current our company specifications/drawings are being used at Supplier, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and/or during Supplier launch for our company Supply.
- Partner with Global Procurement to identify “high-risk” Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk for our company sites.
- Perform a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, and equipment at Suppliers vs. our company sites and mitigate gaps to pro-actively reduce future deviations and supply issues.
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be pursuing a B.S. degree (Engineering, Science, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical, Biochemistry)
- Candidates must have the ability to work in NJ/PA area during summer 2022
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have strong data collection, analysis, and reporting, Project Management
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, the USA in the United States and Canada, and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.