Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research & Development Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Quantitative Biosciences High Content Imaging (HCI) group is looking for an exceptionally talented and motivated student. Working alongside experienced pharmaceutical industry scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to the discovery of novel ways to evaluate drug activity and mechanisms of action. The primary responsibilities of the group is to apply high content imaging technologies to evaluate and characterize cellular models used and in drug discovery and drug candidates from neuroscience, oncology and other drug discovery programs.
The successful candidate will:
- perform research work to address questions on the topic ”Profiling of the Cell health phenotypes using morphology assessment with Cell painting and Cell Health assays”.
- learn and use cell culture technique to culture and plate selected cell lines; liquid handling techniques for compound dispensing on the plated cells; immuno-staining techniques to perform CP and other antibody-based HCI assays; other type of assay line CTG to assess cellular toxicity.
- learn to do plate imaging using Opera Phenix and perform Image and data analysis using Columbus and Spotfire for the tests in plans. If there will be interest and good progress with laboratory techniques, there will be opportunity to learn how to apply machine learning and Python-based image and data analysis. The results of those tests will be reviewed and presented to the HCI group at the regular meeting as well as to the larger group or department meetings if applicable.
The position will be located at HCI group in Longwood area of Boston, MA. If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to our group, we invite you to apply.
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a full-time BS/BA degree program in biology, biochemistry or a related scientific discipline
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) college-level courses in biology
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (6) months beginning after winter brake (end of January) of 2022
- Candidates must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of strong academic achievement
- Candidates must be able to work independently in a multi-functional, team-oriented environment
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have previous laboratory experience
- Candidates should have prior experience with aseptic technique and good cell culture practice
- Candidates should be self-motivated and highly organized
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today