The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Our intern program features internships that last 10-12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These assignments can provide you with great development opportunities and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Examples of projects and assignment areas include:
IN-LINE PRODUCT SUPPORT in TECHNICAL OPERATIONS, MANUFACTURING, QUALITY
- Maintain products at a high level of performance and regulatory compliance
- Execute strategic projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs
- Analyze and solve problems
- Maintain manufacturing processes at high levels of performance
- Engineer plant site improvements to enhance safety, quality and the environment
- Optimize existing processes to achieve improvements in process quality, yield and efficiency
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a sophomore or junior level curriculum, working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology.
- Candidate must have availability for a minimum of a 10 week Internship beginning in May or June of 2022
- Candidates must have superior technical competency as demonstrated by excellent academic record and work achievements
- Candidates must have strong communication skills, personal character, and ethics
- Candidates must have leadership accomplishments achieved through direct leadership roles or leading by influence
- Candidates must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have work experience in a business, manufacturing or industrial setting
- Candidates must have GPA 3.20 or higher
- Candidates should have familiarity with cGMP and its application
- Candidates should have delivery results in a multi-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)Relocation:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel RequiredFlexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: