Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The 2022 Intern – Environmental Compliance and Technical Services will provide environmental compliance and technical support to Company facilities globally related to environmental compliance programs (air, water, waste, dangerous goods transportation).
Projects may include:
- Assisting with environmental compliance program implementation and improvements.
- Assisting with calculations associated with environmental compliance program implementation.
- Supporting environmental activities at company sites.
- Reviewing new or revised environmental regulations and assessing impact to company sites.
- Supporting the development of innovative tools for environmental program improvement.
- Organization of environmental compliance program data.
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology or other technical degree.
- Candidates must have completed at least 3 years of college course work
- Candidates must be able to work full time for a period of 9-12 weeks
- Candidates must have critical thinking, communication, problem solving and computer skills
- Candidates must have ability to receive verbal or written direction and implement corresponding changes
- Candidates must have ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have prior internship or work experience in EHS field or in chemical manufacturing.
- Candidates should have ability to communicate ideas and explain decisions in a clear and understandable manner.
- Candidates should have ability to work in a small team
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.