The Global Market Access (GMAx) internship lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects within our Affordability, Access Strategy, or Pricing organizations. These opportunities are meant to provide you with a great development opportunity to enter the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry and if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The vision of GMAx is to save and improve lives by achieving timely access for our medicines and vaccines at a price reflective of their value. As an intern, you will work with leaders within our organization to execute our strategy.
We are looking for self-motivated and talented individuals to bring their unique perspectives and join our team. strengthen your understanding of what access means for patients and payers. The goal of this internship is to develop pertinent skills such as strategy development/execution, project management, or analytics while better preparing you for a future career in the pharmaceutical or health care industry.
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must have a strong passion for healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health, business, finance, or STEM OR have less than three years of industry experience.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) consecutive weeks beginning in May or June of 2022.
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have previous experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries is preferred but not required.
- Candidates should have previous analytical backgrounds or experience using new technologies and capabilities.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.