Mekonos is an early stage deep tech startup that is reimagining the way living cells are reprogrammed at scale. In this role you will work closely with bioscientists and hardware engineers to advance our existing delivery chemistry and develop new chemical strategies for the quantitative delivery of different biomolecules into cells using our silicon/MEMS architecture. We’re looking for a scientist or engineer who will grow with us and enthusiastically take on new challenges and leadership opportunities.
- Further the development of our patented delivery chemistry
- Develop new strategies for the quantitative delivery of biomolecules into cells
- Plan and execute research operations
- Train new team members and delegate research tasks
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory supplies
- Promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture
Who you are
- A scientist with an engineering mindset, or an engineer with a scientific approach
- A collaborative team member with great interpersonal skills
- Excited to work closely with scientists and engineers from different fields
- Passionate about quantitative biology, synthetic biology, and/or cell therapy.
- A talented researcher with 5+ years of experience or a PhD, with demonstrated success in Chemistry, Chemical biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biophysics, or a related field.
Technical skills you must have (required)
- A deep understanding of molecular recognition in proteins and nucleic acids
- Experience working with nucleic acids and proteins in a wet lab
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to visually communicate your work
- Basic familiarity with Python, or a similar programming language, for data processing and visualization.
What would make you stand out (not required)
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Surface Plasmon Resonance for analysis of molecular binding interactions
- Experience with basic bioconjugation techniques
- A broad knowledge of drug delivery strategies
- A strong understanding of, or experience in, surface chemistry and surface analytical tools
- Experience managing others
At Mekonos were we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Mekonos recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Mekonos is an interdisciplinary team of individuals passionate about solving some of the world’s most difficult technical challenges in medicine. As a company, we think great ideas should embody elegance and scalability, and we believe that diversity is at the root of every great innovation. With backgrounds in cell biology, materials chemistry, electrical and mechanical engineering, physics, computer science and business, we are brought together by our curiosity and passion for solving difficult technical problems. As part of our team, you will work at the intersection of biology and engineering developing cutting-edge technologies with direct commercial applications in precision medicine.