Complex placements in a rapidly changing market need true expertise combined with a fresh perspective. That is the driving force behind the creation of McGill and Partners, a new boutique specialist (re)insurance broker.
We believe that an open, aligned and progressive insurance market benefits everyone. Our role as brokers is to create specialist transactions to manage risk, while delivering economic flexibility and stability for our clients.
We deliver market defining risk solutions to a select group of clients. We are proud to be discerning. In the clients we work for, the partners we work with and the talent who drive us forward.
Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Insurance, North America
McGill and Partners is looking for an associate to join our M&A Insurance team to assist with the placement, structuring and negotiation of Representations & Warranties (R&W), Tax and Contingent Risk insurance. Your responsibilities will include preparing client reports, liaising and negotiating with insurance companies, participating in calls with clients, performing research on prospects and M&A trends, and making sure milestones are met on the appropriate timelines. You will also support the team on broader initiatives, including marketing where you will be involved in preparing pitches and, in time, participating in client presentations. You will have responsibilities for collecting, tracking and analyzing data and will be involved in management reporting.
Essential skills and experience
These are requirements of the role for the right applicant:
- Diligent: You will have a high level of attention to detail and take pride in making sure things are done well and on time, working well both as part of a team and individually. You will be able to manage conflicting priorities effectively and confidently communicate updates to colleagues and clients.
- Curious: You will be eager to learn more about R&W, Tax and Contingent Risk Insurance and won’t be afraid to ask questions, grasping opportunities to learn from colleagues and developing your skills and understanding.
- Communication skills: You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have an interest in presenting internally and externally.
- Client service: You will have a genuine interest in making clients happy and delivering a service that surprises them with its efficiency and professionalism.
- IT proficiency: You will need to be skilled with common software (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree required
Other skills and experience
Other skills and experience that will be viewed favorably include:
- You may have prior investment banking or other experience with M&A transactions.
- You may have some legal experience or be interested in the practice of corporate law.
- You may have some financial experience and a basic understanding of financial statements.
- You may have majored in Finance, Accounting, Economics, English, Political Science or Risk Management.
- You may speak or understand foreign languages. While most of our transactions are conducted in English, we are an incredibly global team working on transactions around the world from a diverse range of clients, presenting opportunities to use any language skills you might have.
Location: New York, NY (when in-person work resumes)
Salary: Highly competitive
Work schedule: Full-time
McGill and Partners is a boutique insurance broker combining leading industry expertise and a fresh approach. Formed in 2019 and backed by funds affiliated with renowned private equity firm Warburg Pincus, we have grown rapidly and now have over 300 employees globally. Our firm operates on the basis of a contract of trust. Our absolute commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and our progressive employment practices, including unlimited vacation, flexible working and market-leading parental leave policies, are just some of the ways our firm is different. Our team is globally connected and focused on supporting all members of the team to deliver a service that makes clients happy.
McGill and Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status.
McGill and Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
McGill and Partners embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We want to attract, retain and develop diverse talent at all levels. This means recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, removing barriers that can prevent our people from reaching their full potential, and fostering a fully inclusive environment which maximises collaboration and empowers everyone at McGill and Partners to bring their whole selves to work.