Maximus is currently looking for Customer Service Representatives to support the Department of Education working on the DMCS (Debt Management and Collections System) program. The DMCS is the set of information technology systems and business processes that the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA) uses to service defaulted Title IV federal student aid debt owed to the Department. The primary responsibilities will be to respond to incoming calls, emails or chats regarding Federal Student Aid (FSA) Loan Servicing. To prepare you for this role, Maximus provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our employees care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
*As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
*Please note, this is a work from home (remote) position, but applicants must live within the Cameron, Hidalgo or Willacy county in Texas. All equipment must be picked up from our Brownsville, TX location.
Pay and Benefits:
- Base rate = $10.95
- Health and wellness benefit add on = $4.60/hr
- Up to $1600 in bonuses available
- Supportive work environment
- Many opportunities for promotion and career advancement into global company
- Take payment calls and notate the account regarding the payments
- Process Credit Bureau Requests utilizing writing standard process and procedures
- Address calls regarding default resolutions, repayments and Treasury Offset Program (TOP)
- Support contact center expectations as well as departmental and corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate documentation of phone inquiries or correspondence tasks.
- Utilize the feedback tool to give and receive constructive feedback on call quality and department tasks
- Utilize available systems, knowledgebase and standard technology such as telephone, email, and web browser to respond to inquiries and perform job duties
- Refer escalated calls to appropriate departments as needed
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum six (6) months customer service, administrative or call center experience required
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Ability to type 23 words per minute required
- Ability to utilize standard technology such as telephone, e-mail, and web browser
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team required
- PC skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Employees will be required by contract to undergo program update training as student financial assistance programs change, as well as required employee training
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and reside in the U.S
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans
- Employment and continued employment are contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable clearance. Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the Department of Education
Home Office Requirements:
- Remote position, but must reside in one of the following counties: Cameron, Hidalgo or Willacy Texas
- All equipment will be provided by Maximus (laptop and headset) but must be picked up in our physical office at 4335 Paredes Line Road in Brownsville, TX
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection
- Internet speed of 20mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to www.speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source