Maximus is currently looking for Customer Service Representatives to support the Department of Education. The primary responsibilities will be to respond to incoming calls or chats as well as make outbound calls regarding Federal Student Aid (FSA) Loan Servicing. To prepare you for this role, Maximus provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our employees care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
Training Schedule: Must be able to attend 4 weeks of Training (Remotely – from Home), Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm ET. No time off is permitted during training. Upon completion of training your work schedule will be assigned to you.
*As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Pay and Benefits:
- Base rate = $13.19/hour
- Plus an additional $4.54/hr for health and wellness benefits
- Additional bonuses available
- Paid training
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- A supportive environment with peers who share your passion for improving people’s lives
- A career path that unfolds based on how you want to grow within the company
- Respond to incoming calls, e-mails or chats and make outbound calls regarding Federal Student Aid (FSA) Loan Servicing
- Answer inquiries and notate accounts regarding information provided and actions taken in response to those inquiries
- Make outbound calls to follow up with customers to clarify information or provide account updates
- Process Credit Bureau Requests utilizing established processes and procedures
- Support Contact Center expectations as well as departmental and corporate policies and procedures
- Utilize the feedback tool to give and receive constructive feedback on call quality and department tasks
- Utilize available systems, knowledgebase, and standard technology such as telephone, e-mail, and web browser to respond to inquiries and perform job duties
- Refer escalated calls or inquiries to appropriate levels as needed
- Process requests received via general correspondence and notate accounts regarding actions taken in response to those requests
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum six (6) months customer service, administrative or call center experience required
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English fluently
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Must be able to use basic math skills
- PC skills, including MS Office applications required
- Applicant will be required by contract to undergo program update training as student financial assistance programs change, as well as required employee training
- Must be reliable and maintain an acceptable attendance and punctuality record
- Must be available to support all FSA programs via reassignment between programs (moving from one program to another), as needed
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Must be able to effectively read a prepared / written script out loud
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must currently reside in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans
Employment and continued employment are contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable clearance. Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the Department of Education.
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection
- Internet speed of 20mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to www.speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source
- All equipment will be provided by Maximus (Computer & Headset)