Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit of excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding, however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
We are currently seeking an exceptional colleague to join our investment research team. We look for self-motivated individuals willing and able to enhance our research process, strengthen our culture, and help build Mawer into one of the best global investment management firms.
- Generating investment ideas within a collaborative team
- Analyze corporate news and public documents
- Interview management teams
- Building discounted cash flow models
- Make recommendations for the purchase and sale of investments
· A passion for investing
· Proven research and analytical skills
· Demonstrated track record of excellence
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and to focus on details in a collaborative team environment
· Fluency in a second language would also be an asset, but no required
This opportunity is located at our Calgary office. Calgary is a beautiful, culturally diverse city with thriving art, music, and culinary scenes and family-friendly settings. Its convenient location—right in the foothills of the breathtaking Alberta Rocky Mountains—means a plethora of opportunities for an active, outdoors lifestyle are easily accessible. Many of our colleagues pursue activities such as skiing, mountain biking, hiking, rock-climbing, and marathons.
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global investment manager.
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%).
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- We have a unique culture—one that emphasizes integrity, clients’ interests, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking.
If this sounds of great interest to you, please apply here: https://www.mawer.com/careers/research/
Applicants should include a resume, most recent university transcript and answer a brief questionnaire. Please no cover letters.
Deadline: October 20th, 11:59pm
Must be eligible to work in Canada. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services to a broad range of institutional and individual clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to earn such respect by continually delivering long-term investment excellence, developing strong client partnerships, and living our core values. Mawer currently manages approximately $88 billion (CAD) in assets and employs over 200 people in Calgary, Toronto, the U.S., and Singapore.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.