At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We’re looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you’ll do
- Subsystem design and prototyping, component selection, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization
- Board layout of PCB assemblies including SoCs, microcontrollers, rugged connectors, sensors, power devices, etc.
- Electromechanical integration through collaboration with mechanical engineers
- Be an integral member of our small hardware team
What we look for
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Previous ECAD experience with tools such as Altium Designer, Cadence, or equivalent
- Experience with common digital protocols including I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI
- Experience with component selection, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Exposure to regulatory certification processes
- Supply chain management and PCBA contract manufacturing experience
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.