Mastercard works to connect and power a sustainable and inclusive global economy. Software engineers at Mastercard build the systems that process transactions, analyze data and detect fraud to gain insight into the direction of the economy on behalf of our customers. We are focused on building simple, safe and smart solutions that instill trust in every interaction. Our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good.
Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. We cultivate an environment for all employees that respects their strengths, views, and experiences through a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Mastercard software engineering teams are obsessed with security, reliability, and performance and driven to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for talented software engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
- Are you passionate about software engineering?
- Do you enjoy seeing your code have real-world impact on a wide range of customers and important problems?
- Do you want to join a company that offers a competitive benefits program that attracts and retains the most talented engineers around the world?
- Do you want to work for a company that offers additional benefits that match our values such as flexible work hours, paid volunteer days, charitable matching, and tuition assistance?
- Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
- Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected, and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
The Software Development Engineer I is a full time role within Mastercard Launch, a cohort based, graduate development program designed to build the skills you’ll leverage most as an innovator in the payments space. Eligibility requires that you currently be a graduating senior, pursuing a relevant degree.
- A hands-on engineer who writes high-quality code with a focus on security, design, and maintainability.
- Contribute to all phases of software development from design through rollout.
- Have strong ownership of your team’s software including monitoring, dependencies, build, and deployments.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or accelerated master’s program, completing degree in December of 2021 or May 2022.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and core computer science concepts.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.