MASSCreative seeks an organizer and excellent written communicator to support the advocacy work of MASSCreative’s Create the Vote (CTV) program, and execute its digital organizing efforts including website, social media and emails for the Create the Vote Massachusetts campaign, focused on 2022 statewide elections in Massachusetts.
This position will focus on supporting the work of a statewide coalition of arts and cultural advocates seeking to engage voters and candidates running for statewide office during the 2022 election cycle. We are looking for someone who loves to bring people together and makes sure everyone has the information they need to lead.
The ideal candidate is the type of person who roams the party making sure all guests are having a good time, have everything they need and the evening’s program is on schedule.
Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Organizing, and CTV Coalition leadership, this consultant position will manage the network’s internal communications, campaign logistics and execute the network’s communication strategy to the public and partner advocates. Candidates must demonstrate experience in campaign/community organizing.
Black, Indigenous and other People of Color, women, LGBTQIA+-identified persons, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Maintain clear communications with CTV partners, including regular email updates, meeting notes, meeting schedules and partner tasks.
- Implement CTV’s digital communications strategy, set by the Director of Engagement and Organizing and CTV leadership that includes calls to action, field updates, and communications via website, email and social media.
- Create and disseminate CTV newsletter to coalition partners and arts voters.
- Manage work calendar and shared drive for CTV
- Draft copy for and manage CTV’s social media accounts.
- Draft copy for website and email communications to CTV organizing partners.
Qualifications and assets
- Excellent communications writing. The ability to write for multiple audiences, including distilling detailed information into easily digestible and concise points
- Proficient in organizing information, setting up processes for managing tasks and project management of communications efforts.
- Detail and documentation oriented.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Experience in election or advocacy organizing is preferred.
- Comfortable with learning new online platforms and software.
- Interest in arts and cultural advocacy and a commitment to social justice, a plus.
- Ability to travel across the Commonwealth (most likely by car) is required.
This is a contract position that will require regular attendance at Create the Vote program meetings. The contract is $28,000 annually, with the option of extending for 2 years.
Location & Start Date
MASSCreative’s offices are located in Boston, candidates can work remotely with in-person staff meetings in the office or community meetings at various locations in MA. Conditions will change as MASSCreative continues to follow safety guidelines set by the city.
We are eager to get started and hope to have someone starting as early as December.