MassChallenge is looking for a Senior Manager of Data and Analytics who will create and improve our dashboards and reporting, lead our research efforts, and manage our data systems. Reporting to the VP, Product and Engineering, you will support MassChallenge with research, working with data from our startups and our partners, to improve our operations and ultimately our impact as an organization. You should be passionate about data, experienced in using business intelligence and other analytics tools. You should also be capable of setting a strategy and plan for our research and analytics needs and executing against it. While you will be the expert of all things research and analytics at MassChallenge, there will be many opportunities to collaborate with staff and the community.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
A note on location: this position will be based out of our Boston, MA office which is currently closed because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. It is highly likely that this position starts virtual/remote which means you can be located anywhere in the U.S. to start while working east coast hours. We anticipate opening the office in late 2021, after which, you would be expected to be present full- or part-time. At this time, we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
What You’ll Do
Create and Improve Analytic Dashboards and Reports
- Create, develop, and maintain our Domo dashboard, reports, exports, and integrations, so that critical data is available to users in an easily accessible way and so that key questions can be answered.
- Configure data integrations between our different tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Alchemer, third-party systems like LinkedIn and Crunchbase, and our internal application named Accelerate.
- Work with third party vendors and consultants to provide the best solutions for our business needs within budget.
Support MassChallenge Research Efforts
- Collaborate with MassChallenge partners and academia to answer research questions around startup performance, judging and mentoring bias and startup acceleration methods.
- Work with MassChallenge leadership on data collection and program research.
- Maintain MassChallenge’s databases of startups and community members.
- Coordinate the organization’s analytics projects, including centralizing data access and supporting our partnerships teams.
- Maintain and operate the systems we use to collect and share information in the organization,
- Evaluate and recommend tools that we should use to improve our use and collection of data in the organization.
People, Training and Onboarding
- Provide training and onboarding for new employees that will use data and dashboards in their roles.
- Lead trainings and office hours for new software that you will help roll out.
- Manage the Technology & Data Coordinator and their work to support research, analytics and our IT ticketing system.
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have a degree in computer science, data analytics or equivalent experience.
- You have 8 years of work experience as a data engineer, business analyst or similar role. People manager experience is a plus!
- You have direct, hands-on experience in designing and executing Domo data solutions.
- You have experience in using SQL, BI tools, Python, Excel, and other analytics tools.
- You have worked with academia on publications.
- You have experience creating BI dashboards and training others on how to use them.
- You have experience with Salesforce and HubSpot– preferred.
- You have experience gathering user requirements and writing documentation.
- You have experience with customer service.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
- Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
- Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
Whether you’ve never heard of an accelerator, you’ve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
- Accelerate: MassChallenge’s proprietary internal communications platform that connects MC startups to experts, events, and meeting opportunities.
- Partner: An organization that has teamed up with MassChallenge to collaborate on achieving their own innovation-related goals and learn best practices for working with and integrating startups into their organization.
- Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge HealthTech.
How We Work
Our mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Put Community First
- Own It
- Love the Problem
- Build for Impact
- Connect and Collaborate
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us why this job is compelling to you.
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.