MassChallenge is looking for a driven, highly motivated, high-energy individual with 5+ years of B2B enterprise level sales experience to join our Corporate Development team as a Corporate Innovation Sales Manager. In this role, you will forge new relationships between MassChallenge and senior innovation leaders from Fortune 1000 companies. This role will target organizations with the need to accelerate and augment their existing priorities around corporate innovation. Funding for MassChallenge is provided by governments, corporations, foundations, and philanthropists with a significant emphasis on the corporate sector and the focus for this role.
Based in Boston, MA, or Houston, TX, and reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, you will develop leads, manage all aspects of the sales cycles, and close enterprise-level deals in a hands-on fashion. You have the capacity to navigate, lead, and influence all levels of an organization You will leverage your management and sales experience and demonstrate your passion for results as you help support MassChallenge’s mission. In keeping with MassChallenge’s values, you will interact with MassChallenge startups and startup alumni regularly to help create value for our sponsors and partners in the community.
A note on start date: this role is expected to start in mid-January 2022.
A note on work location: As our Boston, Providence, and Texas offices reopen in 2022, we are shifting to a hybrid work environment. This means some roles require in-person time in a MassChallenge office, while other roles can be virtual all the time within the US. This role is considered an in-person role, based out of our Boston, MA office which will have all required safety protocols in place. There will be two designated ‘in office’ days each week for this role (likely Tuesdays and Thursdays) and you can choose to spend the rest of the week in the office or working virtually. Note that we are not able to provide relocation assistance at this time.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We welcome applicants from all races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities. When you join our team you enhance our culture and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
What You’ll Do
Sell MassChallenge services to new partners that tie to our accelerator programs
- Build an effective B2B enterprise sales strategy, from lead generation to close, to drive new revenue generation through multi-year and/or multi-MassChallenge program deals.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan, including projected budget and revenue forecasts.
- Listen closely to the marketplace and potential partners to understand the trends and needs to craft relevant proposals and close new business.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records of sales and prospecting activities in Salesforce.com.
- Create and share effective sales proposals featuring MassChallenge’s model and past successes for solving corporate innovation and strategy needs.
- Work closely with the MassChallenge team to delight and appeal to prospective partners in an effort to bring them into the MassChallenge franchise. Some of your internal stakeholders will be Program Managing Directors, Partnerships Management team, Global Marketing team, and senior leaders.
Collaborate and connect to drive success
- Leverage skills to influence and work effectively within the MassChalenge team and across departments to build consensus and to maintain accountability to targets.
- Engage with executives and decision makers to maximize all opportunities to close a sale.
- Support MassChallenge on product, service and pricing decisions based on what you hear and learn from the marketplace.
Who You Are
- You have 5-7 years of B2B enterprise experience in strategic and consultative sales.
- You have a demonstrated ability to generate leads and close deals.
- Your strengths include building, managing and growing meaningful relationships.
- You have high energy, you are a team player, you have a will to win and love a fast paced ever changing and forward thinking industry and work environment.
- You have strong attention to detail in managing the sales pipeline process.
- You have or want to gain in-depth knowledge of corporate innovation and strategy trends including how organizations can achieve disruptive innovation by partnering with high-potential startups.
- You have a proactive nature with the ability to be anticipatory, change-oriented and self-initiated.
- You collaborate effectively across teams with a “servant leadership” style to empower the strengths of all team member.
Who We Are
The MassChallenge mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. With a vision of a stronger future through collaborative innovation, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and regions around the world. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies and are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team.
How We Work
We envision a creative and inspired society in which everyone recognizes that they can define their future and is empowered to maximize their impact . Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help catalyze a global renaissance.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this job.
MassChallenge is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected class. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.