At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
Central Engineering ASIC Design Services in Marvell designs and develops chips for external customers in market segments ranging from artificial intelligence and machine learning to wired and wireless infrastructure. We are looking for an entry-level Physical Design (PD) professional who will help with the design, analysis, and implementation of physical design on system-on-chip (SOC) designs to ensure successful delivery to end client.
- Understanding the design requirements and customer specification
- Pick up and run the defined computer-aided design (CAD) tools/flow for the assigned designs
- Design and Develop the SOC using Linux. TCL, Python/Perl (or other equivalent scripting languages)
- Analyze, debug, and implement DFT features using defined CAD tools/flow
- Collaborate with global CAD teams on design flow fixes and feature improvements
Minimum Requirements :
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to theories, principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of PD practices and concepts, such as place and route, clock insertion, timing analysis, and timing closure.
- Knowledge of PD flow and CAD tools, such as Synopsys ICC2, Cadence Innovus, and experience in using them in an beginning-to-end project setting in a recent semiconductor technology nodes – 7nm/10nm and 14nm/16nm are preferred but 28nm/32nm acceptable.
- Excellent English communication skill in verbal and written.
- Able to work effectively with global team and be self-motivated to solve problems and manage deliverables.
Preferred Requirements :
- Thorough understanding of Linux/Unix/BSD Internals, with experience working on Multi-threaded systems.
- Excellent programming Skills in scripting languages (e.g., TCL, Python) in a Unix type environment, with good problem-solving skills.
- 0-1 years of prior industry experience in co-op or internship.
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it’s like to work at Marvell, visit our Careers page.
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell HR Helpdesk at GR-HR-Services-Americas@marvell.com or 408-222-3604.