Founded in 2007 in Huntsville, AL, MartinFederal has provided the U.S. government with customer-focused, performance-based solutions using technology and an empowered workforce as an engine to drive its customers’ missions. Our goal is to attract the best and brightest within their field.
We work hard to bring a robust benefits package, fair pay, and to create a work environment that recognizes success, encourages community involvement, and promotes personal and professional growth. Consider joining our team today!
MartinFederal has openings for (2) Lab Technicians / Inventory Clerks to join our team of talented and diverse individuals. These roles will directly support a large-scale defense industry project in Knoxville, TN.
Work hours: 6:30pm EDT to 3:30pm EDT Monday thru Friday. 6:30am EDT to 11am EDT on Fridays.
- Operation of main laboratory processing equipment. Follow written laboratory procedures and technical manuals to accurately record data from received environmental air samples, perform gas separation, and process samples in multiple laboratory sections.
- Analyze and report measurement results obtained by specialized radiological counting instruments.
- Perform calibration and basic preventative maintenance routines.
- Communicate data findings to management and technical staff.
- Track inventory usage and notify personnel as inventory needs arise.
- Maintain good laboratory housekeeping standards.
- Knowledge of safety policies and applicable environmental, health, and safety standards. Consistently perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Perform End-of-Day Safety/Security procedures.
- Complete all work assignments with a high level of personal accountability, teamwork, initiative, and quality.
Under limited supervision, receives, stores, and issues equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, by performing the following duties:
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices, and examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Stores articles in an orderly and accessible manner in bins, on floor, or on shelves in warehouse or other areas, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Performs kit pulls and/or fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Cuts stock to size to fill order. Moves, transports or distributes stock or supplies to other department and/or among production workers.
- Maintains inventory and other stock records utilizing company software.
- Monitors minimum and maximum stock levels and initiates purchase requisitions as required.
- Tracks and verifies accuracy of inventory, counts and location, by physically counting and identifying inventory within specific locations. Investigates discrepancies or adjusts errors.
- Controls issuing/receipt of inventory from/into stocking locations by following prescribed processes and handling procedures. Includes material identification, counting, transporting and packaging for end user or storage.
- Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
- As directed, performs cycle counting and/or periodic physical inventories and maintains inventory records.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- United States Citizen with eligibility to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- High school graduate with strong aptitude for science.
- Microsoft Office familiarity, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must be fully vaccinated from COVID or have an approved exemption in compliance with COVID mandates and regulations.
- Associates degree or 2 years of college-level science related coursework.
- 2+ years of experience in production within a technical environment or in a scientific laboratory.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Laboratory setting.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time and operate several pieces of scientific equipment simultaneously.
- Working within a small, confined area.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY
As condition of employment with MartinFederal, full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work for the Company. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
MartinFederal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access MartinFederal’s current openings as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 855.212.1810. Thank you for your interest in MartinFederal Consulting.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.