Job Title: Analytics Consultant
Company: Marketing Attribution LLC
Location: Evanston IL
Apply to: Jobs@MarketingAttribution.com
Marketing Attribution was founded by experienced veterans of the marketing measurement industry. Our CEO Ross Link previously ran Nielsen’s global marketing mix modeling business, the largest in the world, as well as their emerging multi-touch attribution business.
Marketing Attribution’s automated analytical software uses cloud-based statistical analysis of large marketing datasets to measure the incremental sales from clients’ media and marketing investments, allocate marketing spend to the most efficient investments, and connect to media buying systems.
About the Challenges
We have built a platform that ingests, organizes, and stores data for use in our models and algorithms. We spend a chunk of our time straightening out the data. Then the fun part: building the best models with modern tools designed by the industry’s experts in attribution modeling and software development. We’ll deliver marketing and business insights and recommendations that change the way clients plan, advertise, and grow their business.
What day-to-day looks like:
· Work with clients on data acquisition, figuring out what’s relevant and what’s not.
· Sculpt the data for ingestion into our tools, usually in Python.
· Building models in our engine. We mainly build marketing mix models (MMM), multi-touch attribution (MTA), network models, our new and exciting MTA-RCT models.
· Meeting with clients to share insights and recommendations via PowerPoint presentations or through our dashboards. Help clients understand where they are spending too much or too little, what worked or didn’t work, and why.
· Build marketing budget optimizations and recommend how clients can maximize sales and marketing ROI.
· Helping a colleague brainstorm or solve coding or modeling problems.
· We have some clients that license our software for their own modeling. Some days we are coaching them to be great modelers too.
Awesome to have:
· Experience with Python. We’re mainly a Python shop on the analytics consulting team.
· Experience with regression or other related machine learning methods. The right candidate loves math as much as we do and will let it lead the way.
· The ability to quickly size a data challenge and engineer the right amount of automation and sophistication against the project priorities.
· Keen interest in using analytics, modeling, and problem solving to solve marketing attribution problems for a diverse set of clients and industries. The research questions start at marketing but don’t be surprised when we need to tackle a lot more for our clients. Distribution issues? Pricing strategy questions? Impact of COVID-19? Our model does that too.
· Clear and confident communication.
· Have flexibility in what you’ll be working on. We like to help each other out. And we’re nimble and growing, like a furry kitten, so we might ask you to work on different things (data ingestion, attribution models, research, software).
· Competitive salary. Target range is $80k to $100k depending on experience.
· 4 weeks’ vacation plus Company holidays
· Equity in the company
· Company generously pays full premium for life, disability, and health insurance.
· IRA plan with matching employer contribution
Our home office is in Evanston, IL office. We’d love to see you occasionally or frequently, but we are very open minded about work arrangements