This paid opportunity was created for actively enrolled MIT undergraduate students in partnership with the PKG Center’s Social Impact Internship program. Undergraduates with US work authorization are eligible for this position. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The Margaret Fuller House is an agency in transformation! For over 100 year, the “House” has served diverse populations in and around the City of Cambridge. Under new leadership the Margaret Fuller House is set to achieve new heights with expanding and deepening our services to serve surrounding communities. The community Impact Intern will play an essential role in gathering, organizing data and reporting on the impact the House has on the community. This role will be working closely with the leadership team and staff to understand programmatic impact and data collection methods.
In partnership with the Executive Director and /or Development and Communications Manager, the Community Impact Intern would be an essential person to help tell the agency’s story of impact. This person would be responsible for the following task, but not limited to the list below;
- Website Management- continual edits and updating to newly created website on Squarespace with occasional editing content on other social media sites. (Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok. etc)
- Assist in the development of the agency’s internal service data tracking system through the Charity Tracker and Boswell system
- Summarize the agency’s impact area on the community in a Quarterly Report
- Input program service data into newly created case management system
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with website management and editing ( both content and backend work)
- Experienced, able to navigate and update content on all social media sites (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Data entry skills
- Ability to analyze data and produce written reports with visual elements
- Experience with internal data management systems and data collection methods
- As part of the Social Impact Internship program, students may be eligible for a stipend of up to $2,000 or through federal work-study for eligible students.
Desired Length of Commitment
- 30-40 hrs/week, January 3-28, 2022; 120-160 hours