Software Engineers at Manifold build complex systems and APIs, working closely with our customers as well as internal teams. You’ll explore a breadth of technologies and make tool selections while constantly perfecting your craft.
This opening is for Software Engineers of all levels, and our interview process will evaluate your background and experience to assess your current level and enable you to be successful in your role here.
What it’s like being a Software Engineer at Manifold
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team, but some core responsibilities may look like the following.
- Build complex backend systems and APIs from scratch.
- Own backend features and produce high quality code that our clients use.
- Participate in code and tool reviews with clients.
- Work with a wide variety of technologies, always choosing the best one for each project.
- Contribute to and help maintain open source data engineering and machine learning tools we build for the AI community.
Who You Are
At Manifold, we embrace our differences—we believe an inclusive and diverse team is critical for innovation. Please get in touch even if you do not match this background description 100%.
- You are strong experience in Python or some other object oriented language and feel confident in your ability to learn new languages.
- You have experience writing distributed systems in a cloud computing environment like AWS or Azure.
- You have experience with at least one relational database, including schema design and SQL.
- You know your way around the middle tier, using technologies like Flask, Tornado, Springboot, etc.
- You are a quick learner and wants opportunities to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of people.
Manifold engineers custom AI and data infrastructure, algorithms, and applications to solve hard, impactful problems. Some of the world’s most ambitious global companies and entrepreneurs have partnered with us to deliver outcomes in record time.
We embrace our differences and believe a diverse team is critical for innovation. We also understand that an inclusive culture requires deliberate, ongoing effort. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t fit a job description perfectly. If you have questions about our work or about accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our culture is one of autonomy, growth, and flexibility, and we want you to feel good about working here. From robust health insurance, to paid parental leave, to self-managed PTO, we are committed to creating an environment where you can feel both supported and productive. Learn more about our benefits on our careers page.