Machine Learning Engineers at Manifold work on a variety of problems, connecting our customers’ desired outcomes to concrete deliverables. Every project is different, from reinforcement learning to computer vision, and you’ll experience a breadth of industries. Our teams are highly collaborative, and you’ll work closely with customers, data and software engineers, and product managers.
This opening is for Machine Learning Engineers of all levels, and our interview process will evaluate your background and experience to assess your current level and enable you to be successful in your role here.
What it’s like being a Machine Learning Engineer at Manifold
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team, but some core responsibilities may look like the following.
- Engage with our customers to understand the challenges they are facing, and work with them to produce a strategy and execution plan for their AI goals.
- Define the work that you and other members of your team will execute on, and be able to break down and organize the work appropriately.
- Build and design machine learning pipelines, both consolidating existing databases and building new databases using tools like Python, AWS, SQL, MLFlow, PyTorch, Spark, and more.
- Create design documents that lead to MVPs, and continue iterating on the MVPs into fully developed products.
- Choose machine learning models and evaluate performance in production.
- Expose your machine learning predictions through APIs and Applications developed with other team members.
- Share your knowledge with other team members.
- Learn about new areas of machine learning and other parts of our product development stack as suits your career goals.
Who you are
At Manifold, we embrace our differences—we believe an inclusive and diverse team is critical for innovation. Please get in touch even if you do not match this background description 100%.
- You thrive on data-driven development—always looking for ways to analyze and improve with data.
- You know your end goal, and know how to break it down to achieve smaller successes along the way.
- You are comfortable presenting to groups of your peers.
- You value productive communication, and appreciate the importance of written documentation.
- You’ve worked with large data sets.
- You’ve build machine learning and data analysis engines, and have brought them to production.
- You’re familiar with agile software practices.
Manifold engineers custom AI and data infrastructure, algorithms, and applications to solve hard, impactful problems. Some of the world’s most ambitious global companies and entrepreneurs have partnered with us to deliver outcomes in record time.
We embrace our differences and believe a diverse team is critical for innovation. We also understand that an inclusive culture requires deliberate, ongoing effort. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t fit a job description perfectly. If you have questions about our work or about accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our culture is one of autonomy, growth, and flexibility, and we want you to feel good about working here. From robust health insurance, to paid parental leave, to self-managed PTO, we are committed to creating an environment where you can feel both supported and productive. Learn more about our benefits on our careers page.