DevOps Engineers at Manifold design, code, and deploy cloud-based infrastructure, both for our customers and for internal projects. That infrastructure is used for R&D, rapid prototyping, and hosting solutions we build for customers. Our teams are highly collaborative, and you’ll work closely with fellow engineers, program managers, product managers, and customers. This is an opportunity to be exposed to the entire machine learning development lifecycle, and develop new ways for getting models to production more efficiently.
This opening is for DevOps Engineers of all levels, and our interview process will evaluate your background and experience to assess your current level and enable you to be successful in your role here.
What it’s like being a DevOps Engineer at Manifold:
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team, but some core responsibilities may look like the following.
- Design and build new infrastructures—both from scratch, and on top of existing environments.
- Support our team members in helping select, go live with, and troubleshoot infrastructure in development and production.
- Use Docker, Python and Terraform to develop new internal tools.
- Participate in infrastructure and security reviews with customers.
- Work with a variety of cloud technologies, primarily the AWS suite.
- Contribute to and help maintain the open-source data engineering and machine learning ops tools we build for the AI community.
Who you Are:
At Manifold, we embrace our differences—we believe an inclusive and diverse team is critical for innovation. Our engineers in particular tend to be more generalists than you might find at other companies. Please get in touch even if you do not match this background description 100%.
- You are eager to help define new best practices for getting models to production reliably.
- You’re a quick learner who wants the opportunity to work in multiple cloud platforms.
- You’re interested in how the data engineering and machine learning development lifecycle works.
- In your past work you’ve likely built deployment pipelines, built a secure cloud environment from scratch, and have worked extensively with VPCs and Virtual Networks.
- You are a proponent of Infrastructure as Code (and have experience with Terraform).
- You understand the importance of productive communication—especially writing and keeping clean documentation.
- You help your team members learn more about DevOps and infrastructure and coach them to solve the right problem.
Manifold engineers custom AI and data infrastructure, algorithms, and applications to solve hard, impactful problems. Some of the world’s most ambitious global companies and entrepreneurs have partnered with us to deliver outcomes in record time.
We embrace our differences and believe a diverse team is critical for innovation. We also understand that an inclusive culture requires deliberate, ongoing effort. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t fit a job description perfectly. If you have questions about our work or about accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our culture is one of autonomy, growth, and flexibility, and we want you to feel good about working here. From robust health insurance, to paid parental leave, to self-managed PTO, we are committed to creating an environment where you can feel both supported and productive. Learn more about our benefits on our careers page.