Data Engineers at Manifold are technical leaders for large customer projects—designing data pipelines and architecture across a range of platforms and technologies. We are a highly-collaborative team, oriented towards building and learning, and keenly aware of the responsibility of helping our customers deploy software products for real end users.
This opening is for Data Engineers of all levels of Data Engineers, and our interview process will evaluate your background and experience to assess your current level and enable you to be successful in your role here.
What it’s like being a Data Engineer at Manifold
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team, but some core responsibilities may look like the following.
- Manage the details of end-to-end implementation, keeping track of dependencies within a large design, and communicating the vision and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make data- and experience-driven decisions throughout the life of a project—from determining the best representation of an application’s data, to architecting data pipelines and reference systems.
- Contribute to the technical know-how and design sense of the team—both by learning new skills, and sharing the knowledge you have.
- Develop data pipelines that fit the customers needs using tools like Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, and Airflow with languages like Python, Java, and Scala.
- Dip into DevOps to manage and roll out releases, using Terraform to specify infrastructure, as well as AWS tools.
Who you are
At Manifold, we embrace our differences—we believe an inclusive and diverse team is critical for innovation. Please get in touch even if you do not match this background description 100%.
- You consider yourself immersed in software systems—across data architectures, information systems, deployment and storage techniques, and information management and analysis tools.
- You enjoy recruiting, mentoring, and motivating fellow engineers.
- You’ve worked with data warehousing tools such as Hive, Spark, Amazon Redshift, and used queuing technologies such as Kafka, Rabbit MQ, or Amazon SQS.
- You have worked in an agile software development environment, and know how to ship iterative features to production.
- You have deployed both SQL and NoSQL database technologies, such as PostgresSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, or MongoDB.
- You are comfortable in cloud environments like Azure and AWS.
- You have worked with, and understood, the operational aspects of a distributed compute environment.
Manifold engineers custom AI and data infrastructure, algorithms, and applications to solve hard, impactful problems. Some of the world’s most ambitious global companies and entrepreneurs have partnered with us to deliver outcomes in record time.
We embrace our differences and believe a diverse team is critical for innovation. We also understand that an inclusive culture requires deliberate, ongoing effort. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t fit a job description perfectly. If you have questions about our work or about accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Our culture is one of autonomy, growth, and flexibility, and we want you to feel good about working here. From robust health insurance, to paid parental leave, to self-managed PTO, we are committed to creating an environment where you can feel both supported and productive. Learn more about our benefits on our careers page.