This paid opportunity was created for actively enrolled MIT undergraduate students in partnership with the PKG Center’s Social Impact Internship program. Undergraduates with US work authorization are eligible for this position. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Majira’s vision is to create wealth and sustainable communities by enabling growth for small businesses serving communities of color. Entrepreneurs of color suffer disproportionately from poor access to the human, intellectual, social, and financial capital needed to launch and grow a successful business. The lack of these resources leads to a failure to survive, grow profitably, and overcome operational and financial hurdles for businesses. Originally operating under Msaada Partners since 2016, Majira, now an independent nonprofit has been providing the technical assistance and network connections needed for businesses to overcome the post-accelerator “Valley of Death” to get to 1st and 2nd stage growth.
With 5 years of proven success on a small scale, Majira is beginning to scale and expand it’s programs to reach more companies. Majira is seeking an intern to assist in the internal operations work of developing and standardizing processes to support this growth.
Potential Role and Responsibilities
- Migrate and establish applicant tracking system and processes to HubSpot
- Create and execute a digital media marketing campaign to generate awareness of the program to potential candidates, partners, and donors
- Assist a Majira startup or small business with a research, web development, or operations project
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Current undergrad or graduate student
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, and commitment to our mission of “Community Development through Entrepreneurship”
- Meticulous attention to detail while also being able to grasp the big picture
- Self-motivated, flexible, and quick learner who is motivated to exceed expectations
- Able to achieve goals independently, but also contribute as a team player
- Entrepreneurial and passionate about learning the ins-and-outs of our day to day operations
- Familiarity with social entrepreneurship, startups, or nonprofits
- Experience with social media, digital marketing, or operational process improvement
- Experience with HubSpot
- As part of the Social Impact Internship program, students may be eligible for a stipend of up to $2,000 or through federal work-study for eligible students.
Desired Length of Commitment
- 25-40 hrs/week, January 3-28, 2022; 120-160 hours
- Kimberly Hui Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the position