Are you passionate about helping rural communities thrive in the face of change? So are we – and we’re hiring! The Mad River Valley Planning District in central Vermont seeks a dynamic Community Planner to join its team. We are a small two-person office supported by partner organizations and a multitude of volunteers, all dedicated to assisting this dynamic three-town community in actualizing its potential.
MRVPD’s Community Planner engages and collaborates with citizens, professional organizations, & officials (local, regional, state, and federal) on a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to, affordable housing, transportation, recreation, infrastructure, land use, and placemaking. Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Community Planner conducts regional studies, develops strategies, coordinates implementation steps, assists partners with grant applications, undertakes data analysis, deploys surveys and other similar work as assigned. The ideal candidate is a change agent with an interest in data-driven decision making as well as a firm understanding of the value of social capital. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct research
• Write reports and memos
• Make presentations
• Facilitate and manage public meetings
• Project management
• Data Analysis
• Grant writing & reporting
• Undertake administrative tasks, such as minute-taking, website posting, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field
• 3 years of relevant experience
• GIS experience preferred
• Experience working with rural communities
• Demonstrated ability to outreach and build relationships with community members
• Good humor, strong initiative, creativity, and ability to multi-task
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Work independently and as a part of a team to produce clear deliverables
• Willingness to work on a flexible schedule, including availability during evenings
Salary range: $45-50k, commensurate with experience. Cover letter and resumes can be submitted to email@example.com (Mad River Valley Planning District, PO Box 471, Waitsfield, VT 05673). The deadline to submit an application is 10/27/21. Posted 10/5/21.