Who are we?
Founded in 2009 by industry leaders in enterprise software solutions, Macedon Technologies is a small, thriving technical consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC and Austin, TX areas. Though under 100 people, Macedon Technologies has earned numerous awards from prestigious organizations, such as:
- #1 Small Business in Virginia – Virginia Magazine, 2018
- #1 Software Company – Washington Post, 2017
- 102nd fastest growing private IT services company in the country – Inc. Magazine, 2016
- #21 Best Company in America for Diversity – Fortune Magazine, 2015
What do we do?
At Macedon Technologies, we solve business problems by leveraging the Appian platform in a robust and Agile manner. Our Consultants architect, develop, and deliver enterprise software solutions that help transform the way our clients do business The result is more efficient, transparent, accountable, and profitable business processes – and happier people!
What is work like for our Consultants?
Our Consultants thrive in a fun, fast paced environment, delivering cutting-edge solutions for our clients across a wide variety of industries. Our Consultants are more than a “Programmer” or “Software Developer” or even “Coder” – our Consultants work directly with businesses to understand their pain points and resolve them quickly. Our Consultants work on dynamic teams in tandem with clients, surrounded by and led by the best in our industry.
Are you a match?
You are an independent self-starter who stands out from the pack, with a bit of an entrepreneurial streak. You are enthusiastic not only about technology, but also about your passions outside of the CS department. You are a great storyteller, always keeping your audience in mind. You have a strong understanding of OO concepts, Java, and design patterns, but you are more than just a coder.
Macedon Technologies is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Macedon Technologies is committed to ensuring that all aspects of employment – including recruitment, promotion, compensation, benefits and training – are based on equal employment opportunity principles.
Majors Being Recruited: Computer Science or Computer Engineering. All degrees must be from an accredited US institution
LOCATION: REMOTE PERMANENT POSITION
Recruiting for Internships: no
Recruiting for Full-Time Positions: yes
Work Authorization Required: US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex business processes using the Appian platform, with supervision
- Responsible for implementation of components and integrations
- Responsible for meeting all expectations around quality, velocity, and utilization, as well as participating and help others participate as an active member of the Macedon community
- Participate in client meetings, such as backlog refinement, with oversight.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; STEM minor or Computer Science coursework strongly preferred
- Zero to two years of experience
- Knowledge of industry architectures/technologies including J2EE, SQL, ESBs, Web APIs, and related technologies
- Conceptual understanding of platform software architecture and performance implications
- Preference for consulting experience
- Preference for strong development background with Java, C++, or similar
Starting salary up to $80,000.00
**$5000 signing bonus available for qualified candidates**
**Macedon Technologies accepts OPT Candidates**