PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO:
Lux Research is actively looking for smart; technology-minded individuals who are looking to explore employment opportunities outside of a lab or engineering setting! This position is a great opportunity for recent graduates who are looking to use their science or engineering education in a business environment, helping to advise some of the world leading company on their innovation strategy.
Lux Research’s Materials & Manufacturing Research team studies emerging technologies such as graphene, functional coatings, carbon-fiber composite, 3D printing, metamaterials, materials informatics, synthetic biology, bio-based polymers, CO2 utilization, digital modeling, and more. We tackle issues like the needs for sustainability and the circular economy, the growing role of digital tools in materials development and use, and corporate strategy for the chemicals and materials industry and its customers. We’re aggressively seeking Research Associates to support our work in this field!
Lux Research Associates develop research reports and analyses that help Lux clients make better decisions about investments, partnerships, and technology strategy. They directly advise clients on topics related to their research, present their research at conferences, and speak with startups and established companies that are developing cutting-edge technologies.
- Conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at technology start-ups, large corporations, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Assist with the production of research reports and other client deliverables, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- With experience, meet and discuss with clients – mostly executives responsible for innovation at large companies – to answer their questions about growth opportunities in tech innovation
- Help manage the operations of a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience with outstanding record of achievement in a relevant STEM field is required. Master and/or 2-3 years of work experience is a plus
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies and passion for discussing them with internal colleagues and external clients on a daily basis
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, environment
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent office software skills (Excel proficiency required) and ability to touch type
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean is a plus; European or Middle Eastern language skills are also desirable; English fluency is a must
More About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.