Lumentum is committed to the highest standards of social, ethical, and environmental conduct. Product environmental compliance is one of the critical areas to achieve this commitment as well as for the success of our organization and our customers.
Lumentum’s Product Environmental Compliance team monitors development of regulations pertaining to the substance restrictions in products and ensures continued compliance of all Lumentum’s products with the new requirements globally. In this exciting role, the Product Environmental Compliance Intern will provide support and assistance to the team, with a focus on RoHS and REACH compliance, and the Conflict Minerals program.
The product Environmental Compliance Intern’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Gather and analyze data regarding the use of certain substances in Lumentum’s products
- Assist with activities related to Lumentum’s Conflict Minerals program
- Assist with maintenance and enhancements of product compliance management tool (Agile PG&C)
- Assist with the customer requests for different compliance reports
- Interact and collaborate with various teams (Supply Chain, Product Engineers, IT) worldwide
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program and majoring in Environmental Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or related field. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to be resourceful, collaborate and also work independently
- Exceptional time management, analytical, problem-solving, and researching skills