Lumentum, an exciting growing global technology company, is looking for an Intern to support the Commercial Transactions and Corporate teams in our Legal Department. Our team is hard-working, smart, goal-oriented, and we are looking for an intern who will participate in a variety of assigned projects. In this position you will ultimately gain real-world hands on experience on a corporate legal team in a fast paced, high-tech company and at the same time you will participate in an internship program that includes many exciting activities including lunches with executive team members, presentations, an intern service day, and more.
Responsibilities and duties of this role will include but not be limited to assisting the Legal Department’s Commercial Transactions and Corporate teams with the following tasks:
- Assist with reviewing, drafting and organizing a wide variety of contracts including non-disclosure agreements, customer and supplier agreements, as well as professional services, consulting, reseller and distribution agreements.
- Assist with various corporate matters such as subsidiary filings and documentation, governance matters, and SEC filings.
- Supporting the Commercial Transactions and Corporate teams on various projects.
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in their first or second year in an ABA accredited law school program. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, etc.)
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations
- Interest in pursuing Corporate Transactional Law