The MBA Corporate Strategist Intern will be responsible for utilizing data to solve key business problems, as well as providing relevant insights to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges, and identify new ways to achieve growth. This role offers high visibility to Lumen’s executive leadership. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, motivated, and an ownership-minded MBA candidate, who will support our strategic initiatives and drive value across the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues on Corporate Strategy team to acquire market intelligence, distill relevant findings, and assess needs and opportunities
- Proactively study market trends relative to company position and performance through data analytics, primary/secondary research, and ongoing strategy work to drive recommendations for improved revenue generation and equity value creation
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and consultation on relative markets
- Engage with business leaders (C-Suite and Senior Leadership), financial officers, and market representatives
- Conduct research and analysis support to strategic planning and forecasting initiatives, including Corporate Strategy’s Market Demand Forecast; communicate strategic perspectives on key industry sectors, trends, and developments
What We Look For In A Candidate
- Attending a 4-year accredited college or university, in pursuit of a Master Business Administration degree, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- 5+ years previous professional work experience
- Prior digital infrastructure, communications or technology experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, corporate finance or financial modeling, a plus
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong Public Speaking and presentation Skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield -CO. May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262974