The Lovett Group is seeking a Graphic Designer whose responsibilities include supporting the Senior Designer with creating and managing websites for our diverse portfolio of companies and coordinating various graphic design and signage needs. Successful candidates will have strong graphic design skills, deep knowledge of art history and contemporary developments within the field of graphic art, and some knowledge of digital art. Fluency with Adobe Creative Cloud – particularly Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects – is a requirement.
• Developing graphic identities in coordination with the marketing team. Iterating through a multitude of design concepts.
• Supporting the Senior Designer with coordinating front end and back end web developers to ensure the precise execution of a given design.
• Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
• Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
• Working with different content management systems.
• Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
• Constructing rapid high-fidelity prototypes for testing.
• Bachelor’s or progress toward a Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Marketing, Architecture, Communications or Other Field
• 0-3 years professional experience preferred.
• Strong portfolio may substitute for professional experience.
• Experience producing graphics for web, print brochures, digital ads, social media, banners, emails and other marketing channels preferred.
• Proficiency in a foreign language – particularly Spanish, Russian or Mandarin is preferred.
• Proficiency in graphic design software including Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and other visual design tools.
• Good understanding of content management systems.
• Good understanding of iterative conceptual design thinking
• Strong knowledge of emerging developments in the graphic design field
• Excellent visual communication skills.
• Creative and open to new ideas.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Email all application materials to email@example.com.
• Submission of a cover letter and CV.
• Submission of a portfolio, either PDF or web based. PDF portfolios not to exceed 10MB in size.
Founded in 1980 as a home building company, the Lovett Group today is a preeminent residential and commercial real estate developer with projects in Houston, Dallas, Austin and the Northeast. Current projects include POST Houston, the adaptive reuse of the former Barbara Jordan Post Office in downtown Houston, the South Yards expansion of Sawyer Yards, and many other commercial, industrial and residential projects.