Loeb.nyc represents a new approach to launching startups that pairs capital with the support of experts across a wide range of disciplines. Together we craft a customized program to accelerate a company’s go-to-market strategy. Drawing on Loeb.nyc’s deep bench of functional experts, we commit our talent and communal resources, moving beyond traditional venture capital. What emerges is a collective of builders, sharing knowledge, networks, and assets, to help startups level up.
As part of this ecosystem of shared services, our Growth team is responsible for the strategy and execution of acquisition, activation and retention initiatives for portfolio companies in a range of industries and verticals, including consumer products, fintech, B2B SaaS, marketplaces, agencies, and more. Our portfolio is growing fast, and we are growing our team to match.
The Retention Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the development, execution, and reporting of retention initiatives for our portfolio companies, specifically, email marketing, SMS and push notifications. Ideal candidates should have experience managing a CRM, as well as creating and deploying email campaigns across multiple clients, platforms, and goals.
- A self-starter and a problem solver. You can teach yourself things and come up with solutions on the fly.
- Goal-Oriented. You don’t need to be micromanaged and are eager to perform at a high level.
- A critical thinker who can handle complexity. You can anticipate needs and recognize patterns. You don’t always need to be told what to do next.
- Thorough and attentive to detail. You frequently double- and triple-check your work.
- A good writer and communicator. You can refine messaging and channel different brand voices and aesthetics.
- Organized. You have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple campaigns across multiple companies.
- Creative. You have a strong point of view when it comes to marketing materials and can come up with ideas of your own.
- Coordinate simultaneously with several portfolio companies and managers of other marketing channels
- Reporting to a Retention Lead, you will be responsible for helping create and monitor a wide variety of email marketing, SMS and push notification campaigns
- Create, optimize, and maintain email communications, SMS and push notifications to current and prospective customers to drive toward customer acquisition and retention goals
- Partner with each company’s CRM Manager and cross-functional teams to execute B2B and B2C email marketing strategy in support of key business objectives.
- Support in the monitoring and optimization of email programs, campaigns, and A/B tests
- Work within the Growth team to achieve team-wide growth objectives
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized per brand standards, user-, and mobile-friendly
- Track & analyze campaign results and present reports to stakeholders
- Own development of campaigns assigned to you
- Coordinate A/B testing of various email campaign features (i.e., subject lines, layouts, color, cadence, etc.)
- Clearly and succinctly communicate results to key stakeholders and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Stay current with marketing best practices for content, design, and strategy
- Maintain a high standard of customer data to support the creation of personalized email messages
- 1+ years of marketing experience
- Experience managing CRM or other automation tools (Salesforce, Mailchimp, Hubspot, etc.)
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, and strategic-thinking skills
- Proficiency in Data Analysis (Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, other BI tools)
- Working knowledge of HTML / MJML / CSS
- Competitive salary, plus profit sharing and bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO – we actually want you to take time off
- Professional development stipend — books, classes, coaching, whatever you need
- Strong culture of work / life balance — it’s a marathon, not a sprint