POSITION TITLE: Strategic Investments Intern, Strategic Investments
REPORTS TO: Program Officer, Operations & Culture
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Paid Internship
ANTICIPATED DATES: October 1, 2021 – December 17, 2021
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 42 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested more than $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 37 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to the Bay Area. Visit us at www.lisc.org
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets and nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact for traditionally underserved communities, while seeking to achieve sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique combination of LISC’s 36 local offices with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful tool for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders. Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org
About This Role
The Strategic Investments Intern will provide critical support to the Strategic Investments office to amplify our work across several key program areas, including creating pitch materials and proposal writing. The Strategic Investments Intern will learn about the design and implementation of fund development and impact investing.
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
§ Prepare pitches for new and existing investors
§ Draft investment memos on prospective funds
§ Prepare materials for Investment Committee, including investment memos
§ Project manage the deal process, from sourcing to closing
§ Update Salesforce entries with investor and deal information, run fund reports
§ Other activities as they arise
- Candidate must be actively enrolled in a Master’s degree program in finance, real estate, or business, with an interest in impact investing or community development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
§ Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel (i.e. macros, pivot tables, v-lookup)
§ Experience with Salesforce
§ Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Internet research, social media platforms, and/or graphic design software; candidate must also have the capacity to learn and navigate new software.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Strategic Investments Intern” in the subject line of your email. Please, no telephone calls or unsolicited inquiries.
Interns will not be promised continued employment at the end of the internship.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & JUSTICE