POSITION TITLE: Marketing Intern, Strategic Investments
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Marketing
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Paid Internship
ANTICIPATED DATES: October 1, 2021 – December 17, 2021
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 42 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested more than $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 37 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to the Bay Area. Visit us at www.lisc.org
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets and nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact for traditionally underserved communities, while seeking to achieve sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique combination of LISC’s 36 local offices with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful tool for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders. Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org
About This Role
The Marketing Intern will provide critical support to the Marketing department within the Strategic Investments Team. The Marketing Intern will learn about impact investing, while honing marketing and communication skills.
The intern will learn the components of communications and outreach activities as described below. A willingness to learn is critical and the intern should feel comfortable learning new forms of technology.
- Maintain and update website content, collateral materials, PowerPoint decks
- Write copy for blogs, website, and investment stories
- Create content for social media accounts
- Update graphics for print and digital platforms
- Assist Senior Director in developing and refining messaging and strategy for the team
- Organize marketing materials
- Maintain marketing contact information in Salesforce
- Other activities as they arise
- Active enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a concentration or major in communications, marketing, graphic design, web design, or similar degree. An interest in impact investing or community development is preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have reliable access to internet during work hours (this is a remote position).
- Be proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel), Wix, internet research, social media platforms. Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate new software.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Strategic Investments Intern” in the subject line of your email. Please, no telephone calls or unsolicited inquiries.
Interns will not be promised continued employment at the end of the internship.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & JUSTICE