What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
· Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities
· Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities
· Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places
· Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
· Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
LISC is seeking a qualified candidate for an Asset Management Analyst at the Assistant Program Officer (APO) level. This position will be part of LISC’s Lending Department and will report to LISC’s Director of Asset Management. The APO will be responsible for supporting a team of Asset Managers that oversee over 400 loans, liaise with Loan Servicing/Administration, and coordinate with local program staff on various asset management tasks and requirements.
Asset Management Process
· Maintain annual Portfolio Monitoring and Loan Watch Committee schedule and trackers to ensure that all loans are reviewed in accordance with Lending policy
· Compile monthly Portfolio Monitoring Committee (“PMC”) reports and quarterly Loan Watch Committee (“LWC”) reports into PDF documents and distribute to committee members
· Maintain PMC and LWC notes, make updates to Loan Administration System to upgrade or downgrade loan risk ratings
· Track insurance certificates for active loans and make updates to Loan Administration System
· During busy cycles, support Asset Managers with writing sections of the PMC and LW reports, spreading financials and completing risk ratings
· Run reports from LISC’s reporting system on late loans, maturing loans and other asset management functions in advance of meetings. Maintain notes from such meetings and follow-up with Asset Managers and local program staff for updates
· Prepare reports and PowerPoint presentations on portfolio performance as needed
· Support the Director of Asset Management during the audit cycle
Loan Amendment and Workout Process
· Work with the Director of Asset Management to track loans in the amendment process
· Maintain workout loans and write-off projections spreadsheet
· Coordinate with Loan Administration staff and Asset Managers to resolve loan servicing issues
· Track KPIs related to Loan Administration agreement
Communications & Training
· Support the development and preparation of LISC Lending trainings and webinars, ranging from financial analysis to key considerations in underwriting specific asset classes
· Provide technical assistance to LISC local program staff regarding asset management policies, procedures, and system guidance
Perform other related duties as needed.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
· 2-3 years of professional work experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
· Basic financial analysis skills, including ability to analyze financial statements, project development budgets, and project operating pro formas.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the LISC network of local and national programs and affiliates
· Good organizational abilities, including ability to work independently and to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
LISC provides a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits for this position.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE