Title: Project Coordinator – Paid Internship Category: Sales, Funding, Service and Support
Reporting to: General Manager, VP of Sales
Livingston Energy Group, LLC is a clean energy company, primarily working in electric vehicle charging station installation, based out of Schenectady, NY. Livingston Energy Group prides itself on evolution, working to bring new innovations in clean and intelligent transportation and energy technology to market with affordable solutions through offering Livingston Charge Port electric vehicle charging stations and software, commercial facility efficiency upgrades, and funding services.
Internship Program Description
Livingston Energy Group works with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to offer an active, involved internship program through the New York State Clean Energy Internship Program! Our office welcomes new graduates (Bachelors and Masters), as well as students with an expected graduation date in six months or less, with the opportunity to put their knowledge to work on various projects and energy related initiatives. We look for exceptional people with a variety of academic backgrounds from colleges and universities.
This internship is created to integrate interns into our project and operations team, providing the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and related experience in the workplace. Most importantly, the objective of this internship is to develop a worthwhile experience for interns and Livingston Energy Group, ideally leading to a full time offer post-graduation.
While each of our interns work on a wide variety of projects, this specific position will be hands-on with our Sales & Services and Project Funding teams, working in numerous portions of our project pipeline, and assisting with seeing projects through to completion.
Prospective interns interested in this role are encouraged to apply and register for NYSERDA’s New York State Clean Energy Internship Program: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/Clean-Energy-Workforce-Development/NYS-Clean-Energy-Internships/Prospective-Interns
The Project Coordination Internship position consists of planning, coordinating, and assisting with electric vehicle charging station installation projects. An intern in this position will work with internal business developers, account managers, and industry partners to develop project proposals, aid in handling New York State incentives and rebates per project, match available products and services with appropriate clients, and provide technical expertise during new business acquisition.
· Coordinate with other departments to assess needs per project, and help lead process improvement
· Creating professional and presentable site maps and renderings for each installation project as needed
· Assist Project Funding Specialist in handling incentives, rebates, and funding for each individual project
· Work with installers, site owners, utility companies, and NYS agencies to complete project closeout documentation
· While Livingston Energy Group provides interns with new experiences, our company prides itself on fostering a work environment where anyone can thrive in their comfort zone. That said, based on your skills and experiences this internship may include other responsibilities over time.
· Must be a forward-thinker – passionate about the climate, clean renewable energy, sustainability, and energy efficiency
· Applicants should be a recent graduate of of (BA or MA) or graduating within the next six (6) months from any of the following programs: Business Administration, Public Administration, Government/Regulatory Affairs, Social Sciences or Related Fields, Environmental Policy, Economics and Finance, Public Budgeting, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science/Environmental and Sustainable Engineering, and/or Entrepreneurship, or related discipline(s).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite (proficiency in AutoCAD or related design application a major PLUS)
· Experience in customer service role
· Able to multi-task, communicate across parties, and prioritize projects
· Ability to focus on priority tasks and self-manage time
· Willing to develop some technical skills as the position demands and explore unfamiliar disciplines
· Enthusiastic team player and proactive problem solver
· Desire and willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Understanding of continuous improvement concepts and methodologies
· Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret project needs
· Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy