Schedule/Core Hours: |7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday|
Areas of Responsibility: The primary responsibility for this position is the synthesis of the basic dye and dye free products offered by the company. This requires utilization of all available resources within the company such as past lot data, R&D and management advice, and inferences based upon past experience or current data. As such, candidates are expected to display high levels of independence in the attainment of information relevant to the successful synthesis if these products. This role will be expected to modify components/item masters and protocol/routings as needed, obtain the necessary information and approvals as needed, and adhere to all quality documentation policies to complete said product transfers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Complete all requisite training and elicit supervisor verification of training effectiveness
- Perform assigned tasks using the established protocols and methods on the appropriate equipment and within the given final specifications and timeline.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with chemical production team members, affected employees in other departments, and the chemical production supervisor to assure the most efficient use of time and resources
- Effectively communicate with supervisor to ensure all equipment is functional and available for use
- Ensure that the appropriates work instructions are in place as well as requests new procedures and documents with the objective of improving production efficiency complying with applicable quality and safety standards, and to ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- Ensure the availability of materials and equipment to complete tasks in a timely manner that complies with internal and external customer requirements
- Make recommendations to supervisor as necessary regarding resources required to meet objectives and timelines, including materials, equipment, employee assistance, and work space
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work space
- Comply with all company, departmental, and regulatory policies and rules
- Provide status reports and updates in short communications to the chemical production supervisor as needed.
- The specific responsibilities of the position will include, but not limited to, the following
- Dye and dye free phosphoramidite synthesis
- Scale-up of protocols to new scale levels, as necessary
- Process optimization projects, as necessary
- Daily communication for production priorities between day and swing shift
Other Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- A basic understanding of the chemical production process and requirements. Candidates should be capable of multitasking (multiple reactions in process at any one time) and structuring their work time to efficiently produce requested materials. Also an ability to operate in a high pressure environment with multiple deadlines would be preferred.
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Understanding of general and advanced chemical mathematical operations with a required expertise in general chemical mathematics (molarity, concentration, pH)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in chemistry
- Candidates with organic synthesis training/experience is highly preferred
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Use of Web Browser