Function of the role:
The Engineering Consultant will be providing technical insight to US companies by investigating their latest R&D projects to identify where qualifying work is taking place. You will be working with existing and new clients who invest in R&D, to extend and expand their businesses.
In collaboration with the Tax Consultants, this role uses their technical expertise to help companies claim and file the R&D Tax Credit, and therefore does not perform any hands-on engineering.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of engineering related R&D tax claims
- Drafting clear technical and financial documents related to R&D activities
- Generating new cost-saving opportunities for business in relation to their R&D projects
- Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with leadership
- Interacting with the tax authority, to defend the claim if necessary
- Staying abreast of developments in industry and identifying new business opportunities
Desired experience and skills:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Data Science, Computer Engineering, or related required
- 0 – 2 years of professional technical experience related to software engineering
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Perks and Benefits
Leyton offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, healthcare FSA, HRA, 401K, pre-tax transit and parking plans, PTO, and observed holidays. With a culture built on collaborative teamwork, respect and honesty, energy and can-do attitudes, dynamic innovation and excellence, Leyton fosters a supportive and empowering environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.