IoT For All (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leverege), the leading digital publication within the Internet of Things industry, is seeking a dynamic and highly adaptive editorial teammate to help us accelerate growth, increase revenue, and expand our reach internationally.
As an Editorial Manager, you will focus on day-to-day editorial operations, build our relationships with our contributors and execute strategies to grow IoT For All’s audience. We are seeking a candidate who can thrive in ambiguous situations and works well in both a team and individual setting.
You’ll initially focus on reviewing, formatting, and publishing content submissions from our contributors, executing on the editorial calendar, and creating engaging content as an IoT For All author.
Your role will evolve as your skills and interests develop, as our team believes in the deep value of investing in the growth trajectory of each team member. As you complete onboarding and get comfortable in the role, you will also take ownership over our weekly newsletter, handling inbound editorial communications, and continually iterating and executing our overall editorial strategy.
Startups are a fast-paced environment and we need someone who is comfortable both developing strategies and getting their hands dirty executing them. From day one you’ll work hand-in-hand with the company’s leadership to develop, execute, and analyze strategies that produce tangible business results for IoT For All and our customers.
We have an award-winning culture and are seeking smart, curious, and driven individuals who can learn extremely quickly, take deep ownership of projects and have a relentless ambition to further our company’s position as a leader in the Internet of Things industry.
- Managing the editorial calendar – scheduling articles and ensuring that content on IoT For All goes out on a regular cadence
- Managing the quality of articles going out, including vetting articles and executing QA on all content scheduled
- Assigning editing tasks to editors and QAing their work
- Write IoT For All authored content
- Create and prepare the weekly newsletter
- Communicating with all contributors
- Build relationships with contributors to drive towards paid opportunities
- Field and answer editorial questions (e.g. “Are you accepting guest posts?”)
- Find and engage with potential contributors across channels to encourage them to share and submit their content to IoT For All
- Execute SEO strategy across all content types (internal, and contributors)
- Execute overall editorial strategy: communicate strategy with Contributors
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Highly detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent internal and external communications – written and verbal
- Solid technical writing skills (portfolio available)
- Familiarity with IoT & related technologies
- BA in Journalism, Media Relations, Literature, related fields
- SEO experience
- Experience working with WordPress