Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 countries, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
Target Start Date is Summer 2022.
About Our Team
Our team is part of the Infrastructure Solutions Group that develops firmware for our Hyperscale servers and provides firmware customizations for some our Hyperscale clients.
Candidates will work with software engineers to write, debug and test embedded firmware for servers based on ARM architecture. Duties include code development, unit testing, debugging, and customer support for technical issues. Manage and maintain firmware build tools, manage builds and release firmware to test as well as recreate and fix problems reported by the test team. Candidates should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Technical /Functional Skills:
· Computer programming experience in C/C++, Python and/or Bash.
· Proficiency in Linux/Windows Operating systems.
· Experience or knowledge of Network technologies.
· Experience or knowledge in Systems Management and/or embedded processors.
· Knowledgeable of software development processes and Agile methodologies.
· Ability to work in a team environment and passionate about learning new technologies and skills.
· Ability to provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
· Problem-Solving Skills:
- Able to analyze and debug complex issues.
- Able to apply creativity and judgment to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
· Experience or knowledge in firmware development.
· Experience or working knowledge of Linux Kernel programming and Linux driver development.
· Experience or working knowledge with OS virtualization.
· Familiar working with I2C and IPMI protocols.
· Knowledgeable of Git source version control system.
· Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
· Experience building and testing automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
Communication and Leadership Skills:
· Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
· Ability to engage as an independent professional; articulate and compare alternative approaches.
· Capable of controlling own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
· Understands departmental mission and vision.
· Ability to apply discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance to Lenovo.
· Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
***Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National
When you join our team, we will provide the opportunity to make an impact and grow your career in a global technology company. Some of the benefits of working at Lenovo include a flexible vacation policy, competitive health, dental and vision coverage, 401K match, various onsite amenities such as fitness and wellness centers, banking, onsite eateries, and much more. Check out our benefits website to learn more! https://www.lenovobenefits.com/
Aren’t ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
To learn more about our university programs and register to attend an upcoming information session or event, please visit: https://ripplematch.com/company/lenovo/