Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
Position will be closed to applicants on January 31, 2022.
We have multiple openings for our Summer Undergraduate Internship Program taking place from April 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022. Our openings are for undergraduate level students who will be given the opportunity to engage in practical research to further their educational goals. The selected interns will provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of computational science, cyber defense, computer science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields.
In this role you will
- Work with scientists, engineers, and technical staff members to provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of computational science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields.
- Under close supervision, will participate in research in assigned area.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of scientific research.
- Participate in research planning and evaluation discussion.
- Attend relevant on-site seminars (at least one per week).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or other related fields.
- Ability to apply basic computational science and/or mathematical principles to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.