Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL), Biological Systems and Engineering Division has an opening for a Neurophysiology Research Assistant to join the Bouchard Lab and the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute at UC Berkeley.
This position has the specific focus of recording from rat cortex with novel micro-ECoG and laminar polytrodes simultaneously. The successful candidate will perform basic analysis of data as well as assist with rat behavior and chronic surgeries.
What You Will Do:
- Under general supervision, the Research Assistant will perform duties such as:
- collect neurophysiology data from rat cortex.
- perform basic data processing.
- prepare visualizations of data results.
- assist with rat behavior experiments.
- assist with chronic surgeries.
What is Required:
- B.A./B.S. in a STEM field, or a field directly related to neuroscience.
- Experience with acute and chronic surgeries on rodents.
- Experience with rodent behavior.
- Work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment and exhibit good communication skills.
- Experience with scientific programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Matlab).
- This is a full-time career appointment, non-exempt (hourly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be determined based on range by collective bargaining agreement.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at West Berkeley Biocenter (Potter St.) — Bldg. 977, 717 Potter St., Berkeley, CA.
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links: