In this exciting role, you will be under the guidance and direction of the Emery Station East (ESE) Communications team at the Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI) to assist with several aspects of the internal and external communications pipeline. The position will report to the Communications and Outreach Manager and interact with other group members on projects.
What You Will Do:
- Updating ESE website content
- Website and social media analytics
- Content accessibility audits (website and YouTube captioning and alt text)
- Website content audits
- Social media research
- Social media graphic creation
- YouTube content maintenance
- Web research projects
- Updating communications documentation
- Other communications and outreach duties and projects as assigned
What is Required:
- Enrolled in a full-time academic program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Interest in scientific communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of social media practices
- Experience with Canva or other graphic design software
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Hootsuite
- Knowledge of biological sciences
- This is a part-time 1 year student assistant appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- This position has the option of working remotely, but limited to individuals residing in the United States.
- This position will be remote initially, but limited to individuals residing in the United States tentatively until 2021 due to COVID-19. Once the Bay Area shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted, work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.