Success Starts Here
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.
Mechanical Engineer 3
• Participates in the conceptualization, modeling, analysis, development, documentation, and test/validation of hardware associated with new semiconductor equipment.
• Designs parts using metals, ceramics, quartz, plastics, and advanced coatings/plating’s. Work with potential suppliers to ensure parts can be manufactured in accordance with performance and cost objectives.
• Ensures documentation is consistent with SEMI, Lam Standards and other standards as applicable (ANSI, DIN etc.) as well as best known methods for GD&T; accordingly, demonstrates knowledge and ability to properly utilize them.
• Performs analytical work in order to characterize and properly specify new and existing designs, including heat transfer, stress, vibrations, fluid/gas dynamics and manufacturability.
• Develops and execute test plans that generate characterization data sufficient to understand and validate the performance of the design.
• Develops and presents reports/presentations of excellent quality that communicate design intent, analysis, and validation at design reviews.
• Close interactions with suppliers and other Lam internal departments to ensure reception of high quality, well tested and cost optimized solutions for the defined requirements.
• May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes.
• Prepares all required deliverables requested by product development plan (e.g. FMEA, technical specifications, risk analysis, test specifications, design review presentations)
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
• Professionally represents the company to the customer
• Ph.D. with 0-1 years of relevant work experience; or
• Mechanical Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or
• Mechanical Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience in Semiconductor industry
- CAD (NX and Inventor)
- Skills in MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of MS Office
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.