As the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, LafargeHolcim is reinventing the way the world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. We are seeking an Engineering intern for Summer 2022 who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture. This opportunity will be a 12-week, paid internship beginning May 2022.
This internship opportunity will be located in Hagerstown, MD.
- Gain knowledge about the operating procedures, process control plans and various products at one of our Cement sites.
- Understand various operations.
- Collate data, establish process correlations and develop strategies for capital projects.
- Acquire firsthand knowledge on how to ensure maximum process equipment capacity usage through continuous monitoring and improvement of process control parameters.
- Will be assigned to a real job/task and expected to make a contribution that will have an impact on the business.
- Utilize various skill sets/knowledge during day-to-day operations and to achieve team/company goals.
- Create a presentation at the end of their internship to executive leadership regarding what they have learned and what they believe they have contributed to the business.
We’re Looking for:
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in Engineering (mining, mechanical, electrical, or chemical).
The Right Student for this Role:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Team oriented and able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Willing to spend time out in the field getting to know the business first hand.
- Must be mobile and willing to work at any of our operational sites throughout the U.S.
- Ability to work flexible hours, at times, throughout the summer.
Benefits of our Internship:
- Experience within the building materials industry.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout the summer.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, and recognition.
- Learn about the industry from all levels of LafargeHolcim management.
- Potential opportunity, upon graduation, for full-time employment with a successful, fast-growing company!