As the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, LafargeHolcim is reinventing the way the world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. We are seeking Construction Engineering interns for Summer 2022 who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture. This opportunity will be a 12-week, paid internship beginning May 2022.
This internship opportunity will be located in Denver, CO.
- Gain knowledge about the operating procedures, process control plans and various products at an Aggregate site.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by addressing business issues, questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Deliver Quality practices to the organization which support company business strategy.
- Communicates and promotes safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with Company standards.
- Enter concrete cylinder data into the Quadrel database.
- Notify the Quality Control Manager of any issues with mix designs, cylinder beaks, etc.
- Help Quality Control Technicians in the field with testing procedures on asphalt and concrete products.
- Provide routine testing on core mix designs to ensure high quality performance.
- Will be assigned to a real job/task and expected to make a contribution that will have an impact on the business.
- Utilize various skill sets/knowledge during day-to-day operations and to achieve team/company goals.
- Create a presentation at the end of their internship to executive leadership regarding what they have learned and what they believe they have contributed to the business.
We’re Looking for:
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in Engineering (mining, mechanical, electrical, or chemical).
The Right Student for this Role:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Team oriented and able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Willing to spend time out in the field getting to know the business first hand.
- Must be mobile and willing to work at any of our operational sites throughout the U.S.
- Ability to work flexible hours, at times, throughout the summer.
Benefits of our Internship:
- Experience within the building materials industry.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout the summer.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, and recognition.
- Learn about the industry from all levels of LafargeHolcim management.
- Potential opportunity, upon graduation, for full-time employment with a successful, fast-growing company!