Job title: Manufacturing Engineer I
· Duration: 2 years
· Job location: 3500 East Donald Street PO Box 270 Waterloo Iowa USA 50704
Onsite from Day 1
- Manager is willing to see recent grad candidates with Technology/Engineering degrees. 1 or more year of production or manufacturing experience is preferred. Manager is looking for 2021 grads that are located in the Midwest.
- This is a shop floor position so candidates need to be comfortable in this environment.
- Will need metatarsals for first day, business casual dress code. No travel associated with this position.
- Person may drive a Deere owned Gator after successfully completing training. Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position. Interviews will take place onsite or through MS Teams and the position will start onsite on the first day.
**Shift: This position will work either 1st shift (7 am to 3:30 pm) or 3rd shift (10:30 pm to 7:00 am) so candidates must be open to both 3rd and 1st shift. Overtime is likely, weekend and before shift starts.
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fullment process. At this level, projects are of limited scope and responsibility; work plans and decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or managers. May assign coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel and contractors.
· Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations.
· Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
· Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
· Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
· Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
· Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System. Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
· Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency.
· Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
· Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.