Below is the Job Details:
· Job title: Manufacturing Engineer I
· Duration: 2 years
· Job location: 300 West Commercial Street Waterloo Iowa USA 50703
**NOTE: Onsite from Day 1
**Shift: 3rd Shift (10.30 PM to 7 AM)
**Pay: $30/hr on W2
- Will need metatarsals for the first day, business casual dress code.
- No travel is associated with this position.
- The person may drive a Deere-owned Gator after successfully completing training.
- Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position.
- Interviews will take place onsite or through MS Teams and the position will start onsite on the first day.
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process. At this level, projects are of limited scope and responsibility; work plans and decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or managers. May assign coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel and contractors.
· Provides support and basic troubleshooting for current operations.
· Investigates gathers and analyzes data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
· Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans, and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
· Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety, and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
· Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
· Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System. Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
· Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity, and efficiency.
· Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
· Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in the development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.