Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for Interns in various areas of our software stack. Our ideal candidates exhibit a can-do attitude and approach their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for Interns who:
- Are excited to work on autonomous trucks that are running in the real world. Your work will help advance the state-of-the-art autonomous trucking platform.
- Are looking to develop their coding skills on a production-level codebase. You should be comfortable reading and writing modern C++ code.
- Look forward to collaborating with other engineers on a day-to-day basis.
- Are motivated by challenging problems without clear-cut solutions.
Additional skills that will help you be successful at Kodiak:
- Comfort with fundamental mathematics, linear algebra and calculus.
- Knowledge of the current state of robotics and/or self-driving.
- Knowledge of modern revision tracking systems (e.g. git).
- Field(s) of study: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields.
- Will consider graduate students at any stage of their Masters or Ph.D. studies.
- Start Date: we are flexible, but the sooner the better.
- Our internship program is 12-16 weeks; end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Compensations: competitive base pay with health benefits
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation to/in the local area.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.