KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA’s Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
Major responsibilities include
1) Participate in various design activities, such as FPGA Design and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design.
2) Participate in Circuit Debug and Diagnosis
3) Develop Diagnostic Scripts for PCB Qualification Testing
4) Participate in System Integration
5) Perform Qualification Testing for Reliability
6) Provide for Documentation and release into Manufacturing
7) Work with Suppliers for new component selection and qualification
1. Basic Coursework in Electronics
2. Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), including Selection and use of Passive and Active Components
3. Digital Design with VHDL or Verilog HDL
4. Programming / Scripting Language Skills including Python
5. Electronic Debugging Skills
6. Operation of Electronic Instruments (logic analyzers, Oscilloscope, DMM)
7. Simulation with SPICE or other circuit simulator
8. Good Interpersonal Skills, i.e. ability to cooperatively work with people particularly in a support role
9. Self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies.
10. Proficiency in Written and Oral English
In addition, the following skills would be highly desirable:
- Basic knowledge of Integrated Circuit (IC) design and or IC Fabrication
- Master Degree or Bachelor Degree + 2 years experience.
You can apply directly for this position to have your profile reviewed by the Hiring Manager and Lead recruiter here: https://kla.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Search/job/Milpitas-CA/Electrical-Design-Engineer_2105907
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.